Kindle Paperwhite 3G - Black
Enter your postcode to view Stock Levels & Delivery Options
Kindle Paperwhite 3G - The Ultimate Reading Experience
Read at Night
- The patented built-in light illuminates the screen, not the entire room, so you don’t disturb your partner when you can't put your book down at night.
Read in Bright Sunlight, No Glare
- The matte screen reflects light like ordinary paper so you can read as easily in bright sunlight as in your living room with no glare.
Innovative Built-In Light
- Paperwhite guides light into the display instead of projecting out at your eyes like back-lit displays, thereby reducing screen fatigue.
- Adjust the brightness of Kindle Paperwhite across a wide spectrum, from low light to full brightness
- Create a perfect reading experience in all lighting conditions, from bright sunlight to bedtime reading.
High Resolution and Contrast
- The display offers 62% more pixels than previous generation Kindle, and renders exceptionally sharp, clear text and images
- 25% higher contrast than previous generation Kindle. Crisp dark text against a brilliant white background makes for the perfect read.
- Hand tuned fonts. Choose from 6 font styles and 8 sizes, easily adjustable to your reading preference.
Easy to Use Touch Screen
- Just touch and read
- No complicated set-up
- No software to install or computer required to download content
Easy to Hold and Carry
- At 7.5 ounces, Kindle Paperwhite weighs less than a typical paperback and is thinner than a pencil
- Easy to hold while reading over long periods
Carry your entire library
- Holds up to 1,100 books
- You could download one book each week for the next 20 years and still not run out of capacity.
Books in 60 seconds
- Wirelessly download books in less than 60 seconds with no computer required
- Connect to wireless network at home or on the road with free access to AT&T hotspots in the US
- Kindle Paperwhite 3G allows customers to connect without having to access a Wi-Fi hotspot or wireless network
Uncompromised Battery Life
- A single charge lasts up to eight weeks based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 10. Battery life will vary based on light and wireless usage
- Breakthrough power management technology allows you to leave the light on at all times for the best possible contrast without sacrificing battery life
- Parental Controls allow the Kindle Store, Cloud, and Experimental Web Browser access to be locked so you can give a Kindle to a child
- Exclusive on Kindle, explore the "Bones of the Book". With a single tap, see all passages across a book that mention relevant ideas from the plot, revisit character introductions, historical figures, places or topics of interest
Time to Read
- Time to Read is a new feature for Kindle Paperwhite that helps readers know how long it will take to finish a chapter or book.
- Time to Read is personalized based on your reading speed and is constantly updated as your speed and habits change.
- With Time to Read, it's never been easier to decide when to start a new chapter or finish the chapter you're reading.
Fast, Easy Page Turns
- EasyReach tap zones on Kindle Paperwhite's responsive touchscreen let you tap lightly to turn pages. No need to swipe or use two hands for fast, seamless page turns.
Dictionary and Search
- Built in dictionary allows you to look up words without leaving the page
Add Highlights, Bookmarks and Notes
- Highlight your favourite passages, bookmark pages and add notes to text just like you might write in the margins of a book
- Post meaningful passages to social networks like Facebook and Twitter directly from Kindle
Never Lose Your Place
- Books open right where you left off
- Real page numbers. We match the pages of a Kindle book to the text in a print book to identify the corresponding "real" page number
Free Cloud Back-up
- Kindle books purchased are automatically backed-up in the Amazon cloud
Access to a large selection of content
- Millions of books, newspapers and magazines
- Millions of free public domain books are available like Pride & Prejudice
- Great games and applications specially designed for Kindle, like Every Word, Grid Detective, and My Checklist
- Download and read the beginning of eligible Kindle books for free
Lend Your Books
- Lend eligible Kindle books to other Kindle or Kindle app users for up to 14 days if the book's publisher has enabled the feature
Buy Once, Read Everywhere
- Free Kindle apps are available for many devices and operating systems
- Whispersync technology synchronizes your Kindle library and last page read across your devices, so you can read a few pages on your phone or computer and pick up right where you left off when you return to your Kindle device.
WirelessSupports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
Screen Resolution212 ppi
Screen Size (Inch)6
Internal Memory2GB - Holds up to 1,100 books
Battery LifeUp to 8 weeks
Power SourceUSB Port
Product Height16.9 cm
Product Length11.7 cm
Product Width0.9 cm
Product Weight0.21 kg
Warranty1 Year limited warranty and service