Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to register before purchasing?
No, you don't need to register first. If you prefer, you can check out as a guest, and we won't create an account for you. There are advantages to registration, though, such as a simpler checkout and easier order tracking for future updates. Don't worry, you don't need to register up front - you can just add a password at the end of checkout and you're done.
How do I place an order online?
- Find the items you would like to buy by either browsing through our categories, or searching based on a keyword of your choice.
- Add the products to your cart by clicking on the ‘Add to cart’ button (Tip: set your location using your postcode to see all of the available delivery information for your area).
- View your cart, and once you are happy, select Home Delivery and then proceed to checkout.
- Login and confirm your details if you have previously registered an account, or follow the prompts to check out as a guest.
- Enter your payment details and click ‘Pay now’ to complete your purchase. We'll then send you an email confirming the details of your order.
Are all products that are in-store available online?
No, not all products that are stocked in a BIG W store are visible on the website. We’re constantly adding to our online range, though, so please be sure to check back soon. To see the latest in store offers, please browse our catalogue.
Why is the online price for some products different to the in-store price?
Some of the products that are available for sale on bigw.com.au are brought to you by one of our carefully selected Third Party sellers. In those cases, the seller is responsible for not only shipping the order to you, but also setting the price of products offered for sale. On occasion this price might be different to the price of the same product in a BIG W store.
Can I change or cancel an order?
Unfortunately, you cannot cancel an order once it has been placed as orders are closed to ensure efficient processing and delivery. If you no longer require an item that you have ordered, once the order arrives you can follow our returns process, and we will arrange a refund. Learn more about returning products purchased online.back to top
What form of payments do you accept online?
When shopping online with us, you can pay by credit card (Bankcard, Amex, Visa, Mastercard and Diners), PayPal, WISH gift cards or Afterpay.
See here for details about paying using the convenient Afterpay service.
Do you deliver to my area?
The majority of items can be delivered to most areas within Australia. Due to carrier restrictions, however, some bulky products can not be delivered to remote areas. To check whether an item can be delivered to your area, enter your postcode in the ‘Delivery Options’ section of any product page. Delivery information for your location will then be displayed.
How much does delivery cost, and how long does it take?
Your delivery price when shopping online at bigw.com will depend on the size of product you purchase, your delivery location and the method of delivery for your order. The best way to learn about delivery options and costs is by reviewing the Shopping Options section on any product page, or by adding items to your cart and then viewing your cart summary. This will ensure that the delivery costs you see are specific to your delivery location.
Some of the items available for purchase on bigw.com will be delivered to you by one of our Third Party sellers (as indicated by the “Sold by” link on the product page). Delivery costs may vary depending on which of our sellers is arranging the delivery of your order. See below for more information on products sold directly by Third Party Sellers.
Please note that purchasing items from multiple Third Party Sellers may result in multiple delivery charges, as these items may be split into separate deliveries and dispatched to you from multiple locations.back to top
How do I return items supplied online by BIG W or in-store?
The BIG W returns policy provides details on our returns process and policy.
Who are BIG W Third Party Sellers?
At BIG W, we work with a community of carefully selected third party sellers to offer you a wider range of fantastic products online, all in one place.
How does this work?
- When you purchase an item from one of our third party sellers, you’ll never leave the BIG W website - the same secure checkout process and a single payment is available.
- BIG W does not share your credit card or other financial information with any of our Third Party Sellers.
- The Third Party Seller will manage and support your order, including shipping and handling, exchanges and returns.