During these uncertain times, your health and safety is our priority and we continue to offer a safe shopping experience in store and online.
One thing that has changed through this period is families sharing more quality time at home together; playing more games and puzzles, exercising together, painting and drawing, doing gardening, setting up home studies and taking up new hobbies. At BIG W, we’re humbled to provide what you need to get you through and enjoy these big days at home.
We couldn’t have planned for families spending so much time at home together, which means that temporarily, some products might not be available. We encourage you to take a look for alternatives from our whole range, and visit our website for regular stock updates. Rest assured, we are working hard to get the brands and products you love back in stock as soon as possible.
In the meantime, you can rely on:
- Contactless Home Delivery or Contactless Pick up for any online order;
- All Contactless Pick up orders placed before 12pm can be picked up in store after 4pm on the same day;
- Contactless Home Delivery is available and we are working closely with our delivery partners to minimise any delays (please click here more details).
For those who are celebrating Mother’s Day at a safe distance, don’t forget to place your online order early so we can deliver to your loved ones on time.
Further information on COVID-19 from BIG W
We remain focussed on making the necessary changes to prioritise the health and safety of our team and customers in our stores and based on the latest advice of the Government and the Department of Health, we are implementing further safety measures to ensure you can shop safely with us:
- Contactless Pick up is available at Service Desks - show your photo ID and order number, and our friendly team will safely place your parcel on the counter for your collection;
- Contactless Home delivery - in order to protect the health of your household and our delivery partners, signatures for home delivery are no longer required.
Our team members are diligently following health and safety procedures when picking and packing your order, which includes upholding general hygiene practices and frequently cleaning surfaces.
This is in addition to the existing safety measures we have put in place across our store network:
- Hospital grade cleaning materials are being used routinely across our stores
- Hand sanitisers as well as basket and trolley wipes are available for team members and customers
- We have reopened fitting rooms, with only every second room open to maintain our social distancing practices. Each fitting room will be fitted with hand sanitiser for the safety of our teams and customers.
- Cashless ‘tap and go’ payments are encouraged
- Use your trolley and floor markings as a guide at checkouts or at the Service Desk to help maintain a safe distance from others
- Customer numbers in store will be limited, and during busy periods store teams will adhere to a ‘one in, and one out’ system;
- Plexiglass screens are in place at most of our checkouts
Please note that our weekday trading hours have changed to 9am - 6pm* and traditional late night shopping at BIG W returns from 7th May, 2020.
*Check your local store opening hours as days and times vary. You can find our updated opening hours here.