How to choose the right bike
Buying the right size bike
It is important for safety that the bike you choose is the right size for the intended rider. Correct fit ensures your new bike will be safe, comfortable, and will handle correctly. Be careful not to select a bike that may be too big or too small for the rider. The rider must be able to stand astride the top frame bar of the bike with both feet flat on the ground and have at least 25mm clearance (50mm for MTB’s).
The rider must also be able to comfortably reach the pedals and operate all the handlebar-mounted controls while in a seated riding position.
Size selection made easy!
Find your height in the coloured circles below. Then simply pick a bike marked with that colour!
Buying the right type of bike
It is important for safety that the bike you choose is the right type of bike for the riding intended. The right type of bike will make your riding safer and more enjoyable.
- Sizes to fit kids from approximately 3 years
- Training wheels on smaller models to assist balance while learning
- Knobbly tyres for extra grip
- Easy to use pedal brake for safety
- Built for comfort and easy to use
- More upright riding position
- Comfort features like soft saddle and grips
- Usually has a basket and/or bike rack for carrying small items
- Built for fun and freedom
- Stronger frame and wheels
- Smooth treaded tyres for grip
Mountain Bike (MTB)
- Built for comfort and control over rougher conditions
- Suspension fork for smoothing bumps and better control
- Wide gear selection for easier riding up and down, fast or slow
- Wheel and frame sizes to suit kids and adults
Superlite Kid's Bike
- Lighter alloy frame and components make the bikes easier to manoeuvre
- Easy to ride bikes make learning faster and more enjoyable
- Rear pedal brake and adjustable front brake lever is simpler for little hands
- Smooth rolling tyres mean less resistance and make pedaling even easier
For your convenience, your bike has been 90% pre-assembled. To complete the assembly process, follow the easy steps below. Before beginning, please refer to the assembly instructions and owners manual supplied with your bike.
An adjustable and a narrow 15mm spanner will be required. Allen keys and a phillips head screwdriver are included in the carton for all bikes larger than 30cm (12”).
Buy a helmet that fits
Correctly wearing a well-fitting helmet can reduce the severity of head injury in the event of an accident, and it's also the law.Shop Helmets
Service your bike regularly
A well maintained bike is easier and more fun to ride. Servicing and spare parts available in store, see a store assistant for more information.Find a store
Buy lights and a pump
Front and rear bike lights help you to be more visible, enhancing your safety while riding. A pump will help you keep your bike well maintained for a more enjoyable ride.Shop Accessories
At Diamondback we believe riding should be fun, so our bikes, helmets and accessories are designed to help you get out and enjoy every ride. From the first pedal strokes and endless childhood adventures, through to enjoying local parks, paths and trails, there is a Diamondback bike to suit everyone in the family.
For 2018 we have introduced new and exciting bikes, helmets and accessories to the range, and all are made with the same quality, performance and value you’ve come to expect from Diamondback.Shop now
Australians have been riding Repco bikes for more than 50 years, so we know what it takes to bring you safe and reliable bikes, and a great range of bike accessories at a great price.
The Repco range of bikes offers exceptional value, and all models are tested by a qualified independent testing authority to ensure they surpass the requirements of the Australian Bicycle Standard AS/NZS 1927:2010.Shop now
Rosebank Helmets have been an Australian favourite since 1975 with a focus on design, performance, style and safety. From the very first “Stackhat” helmet to the modern designs of today, Rosebank continues to protect our community and riders of all levels: from kids venturing out for the first time to the adult recreational rider.
A Rosebank helmet is not only backed on quality, it’s guaranteed. Designed and tested to the highest standards of safety, every helmet comes with a Lifetime Helmet Crash Cover Replacement. This means if your helmet is substantially damaged in a cycling accident, you can apply for a replacement helmet.Shop now