BIG W Design Sessions - Learn how to draw a dinosaur
Have you ever wanted to learn how to draw a dinosaur? Our very own BIG W graphic artist, Steve Cakebread will show you how in 5 easy steps. So you too can draw this cool as T-Rex on a skateboard! Why stop there, use your new skill to draw a triceratops, brontosaurus, or get creative and make up your very own dinosaur like lizardosorous. Steve also shows you how to transfer your design onto a T-Shirt, so you too can walk like a dinosaur.
Don't forget to share your dinosaurs with us on Facebook or Instagram using #bigdaysathome
- Step 1Using a pencil (3B-4B) draw a series of rough circles that will define the shape of your dinosaur and skateboard.
- Step 2Begin a rough drawing of your dinosaur and skateboard, using the circles as a guide to map the main elements of your dinosaur. You can then add in details such as sunglasses, hats or a volcano in the background.
- Step 3Clean up the pencil drawing to define the dinosaur. Using an eraser remove your sketch lines, and add in more detail to the dinosaur like hands, teeth and palm trees.
- Step 4Once you are happy with your finished sketch, start outlining your pencil lines with a black marker (Artline 210 0.6 Black). Complete the outline with the black marker and erase all pencil lines, until you have a nice clean image.
- Step 5Now you can get creative and colour your black and white artwork with coloured markers.
If you love your new artwork why don't you have a go at transferring your design onto a T-Shirt ?
- Step 6Scan your artwork and print onto transfer paper. Cut around the dinosaur, so you are just left with your design.
- Step 7Get help from a parent or guardian to iron your design onto a T-shirt. Firstly iron the T-shirt to remove any creases. Place your transfer paper face down, and iron for 90 seconds ensuring you iron the whole design.
- Step 8Peel off the transfer paper backing and there you have it.
Don't forget to share you creations on social media using the #bigdaysathome