AfterpayShop now. Enjoy now. Pay later.
BIG W is excited to offer you the Afterpay payment option that allows you to ‘Shop Now, Enjoy Now, Pay Later, Interest Free’.
Afterpay offers interest free payment plans for your online purchases at bigw.com. You buy what you want today, receive your order just as normal and pay it off in four equal, interest free fortnightly instalments.
Select Afterpay as your payment method
Use your existing payment card
Complete your checkout in seconds
No long forms, instant approval online
Pay over 4 equal payments
Pay fortnightly, enjoy your purchase straight away!
- Afterpay is only available for BIG W purchases online at bigw.com and is not available in store
- Afterpay is only available on items marked with the Afterpay logo. It is not available on gift cards, top-up cards, pre-ordered, back-ordered or waitlisted merchandise
- The funds required for your first payment must be available on your nominated card at the time of checkout
- If you wish to return your Afterpay purchase, BIG W’s normal returns policy applies
- Your Afterpay purchase can be returned to any BIG W store or via post using the returns form. When visiting a BIG W store, your purchase can also be exchanged for an alternate product or returns card to an equal or lesser value
- If a payment is due from you, but not received by Afterpay in accordance with the payment schedule, a late payment fee will be charged
For more Afterpay Facts please see here
To see Afterpay’s complete terms, visit http://www.afterpay.com.au/terms
- What is Afterpay
Afterpay is a new payment option available for online orders of BIG W products at bigw.com. Afterpay allows customers residing in Australia to have their online BIG W order shipped to them as per normal and pay for their order over four equal instalments, interest free.
- Why is BIG W introducing this new payment option?
Afterpay is being introduced as another payment option, allowing you to order and receive items straightaway, without having to wait until you can pay in full for the order. Using Afterpay means you can pay your order off over four instalments, plus you can secure items before they sell out.
- Is Afterpay exclusive to BIG W?
No, Afterpay is a service provided by Afterpay Pty Ltd, which is a third party service provider also used by many other leading retailers in Australia.
- Who can use Afterpay?
Afterpay is available as a payment option if you:
- To be over 18 years of age
- An Australian residential address
- Have a valid and verifiable email address and mobile number and
- Use an Australian credit or debit card to make the purchase
- What will Afterpay cost me?
You will not pay anything extra when you choose to use Afterpay as your payment option, You will pay your instalments directly to Afterpay in accordance with the payment schedule Afterpay will send to you via email. If a payment is due but not received by Afterpay in accordance with their payment schedule, late payment fees will apply (see the Afterpay website here for more details). In addition, because an Afterpay account is linked to your credit or debit card, standard card fees and charges may be applicable. You should refer to your card issuer's terms and conditions for full details of these.
- What BIG W products can be paid for using Afterpay as the payment method?
Afterpay is available only on those products sold by BIG W online at bigw.com that are marked with the Afterpay logo. If the Afterpay logo is not displayed, it means the product is not available to purchase using the Afterpay payment option.
If any item in your cart is not eligible for Afterpay, you can still pay with any of our other convenient payment options. Alternatively you can remove the ineligible items from your cart to proceed with payment by Afterpay.
- Is there a minimum spend for Afterpay?
Yes, the minimum order value (including delivery) for Afterpay is AUD$50
- Is there a maximum spend for Afterpay?
Yes, the maximum order value (including delivery) for Afterpay is AUD$1,200.
- How are the Afterpay instalments calculated?
The Afterpay instalments quoted on a product represent 1/4 (25%) of that product's current price excluding any delivery charges that may be applicable.
Delivery costs will be added into the quoted instalment rate payable when you have selected your preferred delivery method at checkout, and have selected Afterpay as your preferred payment option.
- Where can I find out more about Afterpay?
The Afterpay website provides a very comprehensive list of FAQs at: www.afterpay.com.au/faqs. If you still can't find out what you need here, contact Afterpay directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1300 100 729.
- Do I need to register with Afterpay prior to making my first Afterpay purchase with BIG W?
No, you simply need to choose Afterpay as your payment method at checkout.
- Will I need to fill out a credit application form to use Afterpay?
No, because your Afterpay account will be linked to your nominated credit or debit card that has already been approved via your chosen credit/banking provider.
- How do I select to pay using Afterpay?
Simply choose Afterpay as your payment option at the checkout
For customers using Afterpay for the first time, you will need to provide payment details as usual to complete your purchase. However, once your first Afterpay order is approved by Afterpay and you activate your account by choosing a password, your Afterpay account will be created and you will be able to make more purchases using Afterpay by simply entering your Afterpay log in details upon checkout.
- How long does it take for payment via Afterpay to be approved?
Assuming you meet all of the necessary criteria (noted below) and you don't already have too many outstanding Afterpay orders, the approval process is instant.
- Will I always be approved by Afterpay?
No, you may be declined if you have too many outstanding orders with Afterpay or in accordance with Afterpay’s terms and conditions. You will need to make some payments towards some of your previous Afterpay purchases (by logging into your Afterpay account and selecting "Pay Now") before trying to make another purchase using Afterpay. If you do not believe this to be the reason for being declined, or you make payments to Afterpay and are still declined, you will need to contact Afterpay directly by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling 1300 100 729.
- Can I pay for products on backorder or pre-order using Afterpay as the payment method?
Afterpay cannot be used to pay for products on backorder or pre-order because the availability of these items cannot be guaranteed. You can still purchase these items using our other convenient payment options
- When will my BIG W order (paid for using Afterpay) be sent to me?
When you pay for your BIG W order using Afterpay, your order will be released for processing and dispatch as per any other order paid for in full at the time of order (eg. by credit card) and you can expect to receive your BIG W parcel according to your chosen delivery option timeframes.
- Can I split an order to pay some by Afterpay and the rest by some other means? (eg. credit card)
No, you cannot split your payment for one order over Afterpay and any other payment method. You would need to place two separate orders – one to be paid for via Afterpay, and the other to be paid for by whatever other payment option you wish to use (e.g. credit card or Paypal).
- Who should I contact if I have any questions about my Afterpay account?
You can first review Afterpay's own "frequently asked questions" on their website at www.afterpay.com.au/faqs. If you require further assistance about your Afterpay account you can contact Afterpay directly by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1300 100 729.
- How can I view my Afterpay payment schedule?
The payment relationship is between you and Afterpay, and at any time you can log into your Afterpay account to see your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date if you wish. Otherwise Afterpay will automatically deduct the instalments from your credit or debit card every fortnight.
- How will I know when I need to pay my further three instalments?
Upon placing an order with BIG W using Afterpay as your payment method, you will be sent an email from Afterpay showing your payment schedule.
- Can I cancel or change an order paid for using Afterpay?
BIG W is unable to access your order once it has been placed. To ensure efficient processing, your order is closed as soon as it is processed. However, once you have received your Afterpay item, you can return it to BIG W in accordance with BIG W’s 90 Day Change of Mind Returns Policy. Just visit your nearest BIG W store or return the item via post using the returns form. For returns of items purchased using Afterpay, the returned item will create an adjusted Afterpay payment schedule. Afterpay will communicate these payment changes to you via email and any refund due will be made to you directly by Afterpay.
- Can I return items paid for using Afterpay?
Yes. If a product is not right and you require a refund then the item can be returned to BIG W in accordance with BIG W’s Returns policy. In this case, refunds will be issued shortly after BIG W processes your returned item/s. The returned item/s will create an adjusted Afterpay payment schedule (to remaining payments). Afterpay will communicate these payment changes to you via email.
- Can I exchange items from an order originally paid for using Afterpay?
Yes, you can exchange an item(s) for replacement items(s) or a BIG W returns card to the same value. In this case, your Afterpay payment schedule associated with the item(s) exchanged will not change.
- What happens when I return an item originally paid for using Afterpay to BIG W via post?
When we receive your goods, BIG W will advise Afterpay of the return and refund. The returned item/s will create an adjusted Afterpay payment schedule (to remaining payments. Afterpay will communicate these payment changes to you via email.
- Can I return an item to BIG W which I paid for using Afterpay?
Yes, you can return your Afterpay item to BIG W in accordance with BIG W’s Returns Policy. Just visit your nearest BIG W store or return the item via post using the returns form.
For returns of items purchased using Afterpay, the returned item will create an adjusted Afterpay payment schedule. Afterpay will communicate these payment changes to you via email and any refund due will be made to you directly by Afterpay.
- Can I exchange an item which I paid for using Afterpay?
Yes. You can exchange an item for replacement items or a BIG W returns card up to the same value by visiting any BIG W store. In this case, your Afterpay payment schedule associated with the item(s) exchanged will not change.
- What happens when I return my Afterpay item to BIG W via post?
When BIG W receives your item, BIG W will advise Afterpay of the return and refund. The returned item will create an adjusted Afterpay payment schedule (to remaining payments. Afterpay will communicate these payment changes to you via email.
- What happens when I return my Afterpay item to BIG W in a BIG W store?
If you would like a refund of the purchase price, BIG W will advise Afterpay of the return and refund. The returned item/s will create an adjusted Afterpay payment schedule that will affect any remaining payments. Afterpay will communicate these payment changes to you via email.
If you wish to exchange your Afterpay item, BIG W can provide an exchange for other items and/or returns cards up to the same value.