90 Day Change of Mind Returns Policy
COVID-19 - Temporary changes to our policy
Important note: Due to the unprecedented circumstances, for any purchase from 25 March 2020 until further notice, we will not provide a refund where you have simply changed your mind about products purchased from BIG W in the following categories:
- Toilet paper, paper towel and tissues
- Soaps, cosmetics, toiletries, feminine hygiene and incontinence, pain relief
- Cleaning (anti-bacterial wipes, sprays and cleaners, disposable gloves)
- Nappies and baby wipes
- Pet Food
If you have purchased additional items that you no longer want, we encourage you to share with those in need, in particular, the elderly, disabled and most vulnerable in our community.
BIG W gives you 90 days to return a product that you’ve changed your mind on. This policy is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, which are described in our Faulty Goods Returns Policy.
Returns within 90 days
BIG W will happily give you a refund or exchange within 90 days of purchase, provided you have proof of purchase and the product:
- is still in its original and saleable condition and packaging, with all accessories included
- has not been worn or used and, if a perishable product, is not expired
- is not a personalised item, digital download, pre-paid card, voucher or clearance item
Returns can be processed at any BIG W store, including online orders. Refunds will only be made using the original payment method stated on your proof of purchase. Please note that delivery fees paid for online orders are non-refundable for change of mind returns.
For layby returns, please refer to BIG W’s Layby Policy, available at https://www.bigw.com.au/lay-by. For buy now, pay later purchases such as Afterpay, please follow the returns process outlined in your parcel.